Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have a MacBook Air from 2015 which is on MacOS Mojave. When I go to update to Catalina my response is "this is not available at this time." The computer acts as if I have the most updated version. What should I do? It worked on another laptop

Why doesn't my computer recognize Catalina as an update. It says my computer is up to date on Mojave. When I try to download from the App Store, it says "it is not available at this time" but my husband has the same computer purchased on the same day in 2015 and it worked for him. I checked that I have 8GB on my laptop, I have enough space for it and restarted my wifi.

Please help!

MacBook Air 13", macOS 10.14

Posted on May 8, 2020 8:41 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 10, 2020 11:54 AM

SophieNora wrote:

how do I do that?
  1. Copy the line that begins with sudo.
  2. Run the Terminal app which is in the Applications > Utilities folder
  3. Paste in the line into the Terminal then press Return
  4. Type in your password and press return. You will not see the letters as you type.
  5. Quit the Terminal
  6. Reopen System Preferences > Software Updaate.

14 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 10, 2020 11:54 AM in response to SophieNora

SophieNora wrote:

how do I do that?
  1. Copy the line that begins with sudo.
  2. Run the Terminal app which is in the Applications > Utilities folder
  3. Paste in the line into the Terminal then press Return
  4. Type in your password and press return. You will not see the letters as you type.
  5. Quit the Terminal
  6. Reopen System Preferences > Software Updaate.

I have a MacBook Air from 2015 which is on MacOS Mojave. When I go to update to Catalina my response is "this is not available at this time." The computer acts as if I have the most updated version. What should I do? It worked on another laptop

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.