Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Virtual Camera's Not Presenting To Applications

Running OSX Catalina 10.15 on a 15" 2018 MBP

I'm having an issue getting virtual camera clients (NDI Virtal Input, Syphon, Snap Camera, etc) to present to video applications (skype, zoom, discord, etc)

Due to the nature of this being multiple different virtual camera applications in different configurations all having problems presenting to video client applications, I think its safe to say its an OS issue not application, I'm at a loss of how to proceed, so any steps to take from here would be greatly appreciated.

Worth noting that real cameras have no issue presenting to the applications, USB web cameras, the in-built camera, its just software cameras (NDI virtal input, OBS virtual webcam, NDI syphon, syphon inject)

Thanks!

MacBook Pro with Touch Bar

Posted on May 8, 2020 9:48 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 9, 2020 10:36 AM

xtoolbearx wrote:

I'm having an issue getting virtual camera clients (NDI Virtal Input, Syphon, Snap Camera, etc) to present to video applications (skype, zoom, discord, etc)

Due to the nature of this being multiple different virtual camera applications in different configurations all having problems presenting to video client applications, I think its safe to say its an OS issue not application, I'm at a loss of how to proceed, so any steps to take from here would be greatly appreciated.

Worth noting that real cameras have no issue presenting to the applications, USB web cameras, the in-built camera, its just software cameras (NDI virtal input, OBS virtual webcam, NDI syphon, syphon inject)

Thanks!

Change Privacy preferences on Mac - Apple Support

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 9, 2020 10:36 AM in response to xtoolbearx

xtoolbearx wrote:

Thanks!

Change Privacy preferences on Mac - Apple Support

May 28, 2020 6:03 AM in response to xtoolbearx

Hi! I am still using 10.14.x and my virtial camera app (iGlasses) has stopped working with Zoom 5.0.x

Zoom has replied to my query:

Austin Leach (Zoom)

May 27, 2020, 6:08:56 AM GMT+1

Hello,

Zoom on Mac OS does not support unsigned drivers.

You will need a signed driver for the virtual camera to be recognized by Zoom.

This is a recent security change - have you reached out to iGlasses to see if they have an updated process for Zoom 5.0?

Is this a Mac OS issue, or a Zoom issue?

Many thanks,

Peter

Virtual Camera's Not Presenting To Applications

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.