Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

SIM failure on iPhone

My iphone 11 pro max keeps saying "sim failure". Its not the sim card because i put in my iphone 8 and worked just fine. Ive had this problem at random times for about a month, but usually works after cutting off then on. It would make me set up my cellular plan, after it cut on and that fixes it temporarily. Its been a full day now and it just keeps displaying "sim failure" even with no SIM card in it. Help

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 11 Pro Max

Posted on May 8, 2020 10:05 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 8, 2020 10:12 PM

1. Try and Force ReStart Your iPhone as instructed in this article by Apple ➔ How to Force ReStart your iPhone. If that does not work then -
  2. Get another SIM card from your carrier and see if that cures it. (I know you said that it works on your iPhone 8). Do have a discussion with your carrier on this one.
  3.  If that does not work then- Your iPhone 11 Pro is less than one year old and is therefore covered by the Apple 1YR Limited Warranty (US) so have it examined at the Apple Store or at an authorized service center and take advantage of it. If the stores are closed then please contact ➔ Apple Support

Axel F.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 8, 2020 10:12 PM in response to McDaniel20

1. Try and Force ReStart Your iPhone as instructed in this article by Apple ➔ How to Force ReStart your iPhone. If that does not work then -
  2. Get another SIM card from your carrier and see if that cures it. (I know you said that it works on your iPhone 8). Do have a discussion with your carrier on this one.
  3.  If that does not work then- Your iPhone 11 Pro is less than one year old and is therefore covered by the Apple 1YR Limited Warranty (US) so have it examined at the Apple Store or at an authorized service center and take advantage of it. If the stores are closed then please contact ➔ Apple Support

Axel F.

SIM failure on iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.