Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple Music today announced the release of its 100 Best Albums of all time, a list crafted by Apple Music’s experts alongside industry professionals. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Music to Instagram Story

Hi! This is the most basic question- but I'm trying to figure our how to share a song from Apple Music to my story and here are the steps I take:

• play a song in Apple Music
  • tap the menu and select SHARE
  • At this point... I think I'm supposed to see an option to share to Insta, but Insta isn't an option so I select MORE
  • At this point Instagram still isn't an option under "Favorites" or "Suggestions"

So, my question is- what am I doing wrong here? Or how do I get Instagram to show up as an option to share to in Apple Music?

Haha- I know this is probably something really simple- thank you for your help!

iPhone 8, iOS 13

Posted on May 8, 2020 10:24 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 9, 2020 6:40 AM

my question is- what am I doing wrong here? Or how do I get Instagram to show up as an option to share to in Apple Music?

Apple Music is not sharable that way.

Only music you own is shareable that way. You don't own any of the Apple Music tracks you may have in your library.

2 replies

Apple Music to Instagram Story

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.