Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ethernet Option missing on both MacBook Air 2017 AND MacBook Pro 2018

I see this question all over the place on the Internet with no resolution. For the first time, with both of my Macs, I am needing to use the Ethernet. The list of options does not include Ethernet in the Network menu. There is no way to create one either. Is this an issue that we have to bring in BOTH Macs to resolve? Starting a job that requires this. Need resolved ASAP. Thank you.

MacBook Air 13", macOS 10.15

Posted on May 9, 2020 6:45 AM

11 replies

May 9, 2020 7:16 AM in response to dialabrain

Not what I am saying. There is NO ethernet option. Zero. Nothing to choose. I have Wi-Fi option, Bluetooth PAN, and Thunderbolt Bridge option. No ethernet option. I am very well aware an adapter is needed to actually use the ethernet. I can buy 100 adapters that do this for a MacBook Air and a MacBook Pro but if the ethernet option is not available to choose from when the adapter is connected then its a moot point. So back to my original question, does the ethernet option become available magically in the menu when an adapter is plugged in or do I need to have both Macs looked at in the store to get resolved?

Ethernet Option missing on both MacBook Air 2017 AND MacBook Pro 2018

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.