Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why is my left AirPod significantly quieter than my right AirPod?

Why is my left AirPod significantly quieter than my right AirPod? When I listen to music with my AirPods connected to my phone the sound is equal on both sides but when I connect to my MacBook Air the left is quieter than the right. Are there any ideas on what is wrong and how to fix it?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

MacBook Air 13", macOS 10.15

Posted on May 9, 2020 8:53 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 9, 2020 10:10 AM

Since it appears to work when you use them with your phone, but not your MacBook, then it's not the AirPods themselves. If you substitute a pair of stereo headphones or earbuds, instead of the AirPods, do they work properly with your notebook? If they don't, then the culprit would be the notebook itself. However, if they do, then see if any of the following articles can help:

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 9, 2020 10:10 AM in response to shaunna0330

Since it appears to work when you use them with your phone, but not your MacBook, then it's not the AirPods themselves. If you substitute a pair of stereo headphones or earbuds, instead of the AirPods, do they work properly with your notebook? If they don't, then the culprit would be the notebook itself. However, if they do, then see if any of the following articles can help:

Why is my left AirPod significantly quieter than my right AirPod?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.