Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Lag boot progress bar

Hi all,

Thanks for reading. I have a MacbookPro 2017 with Catalina OS. I have a very little problem, to be honest, but it is annoying me and I am trying to fix it with no successful results.

The problem is that when the Macbook is booting the progress bar has a lag at, more or less, 65% of the load and after few seconds it is done and boot. In the past, the progress bar was fully fluid to the end. You can watch the video (bad quality, sorry) with the issue.

I have tried a lot of things: repair disk permissions, boot in safe mode, reset NVRAM and SMC, delete launch items, kernel extensions, etc. and nothing works.

As I said, it is a little problem but for sure I would like to fix. Thanks in advance for any help,

https://youtu.be/VuGiXleSukU

Posted on May 9, 2020 9:52 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 9, 2020 2:39 PM

I see a couple of things that need removing but don't think they have anything to do with the momentary pause during boot which is normal in Catalina.

Uninstall CleanMyMac according to the developer's instructions. There is no need for running any "cleaning", "optimizing", "speed-up" or anti-virus apps on your Mac. Read this user tip for what you need to know to protect your iMac: Effective defenses against malware and other threats - Apple Community   

I'd also uninstall Gemini. Anything from MacPaw is considered akin to malware around here.

Similar questions

12 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 9, 2020 2:39 PM in response to marfape

I see a couple of things that need removing but don't think they have anything to do with the momentary pause during boot which is normal in Catalina.

Uninstall CleanMyMac according to the developer's instructions. There is no need for running any "cleaning", "optimizing", "speed-up" or anti-virus apps on your Mac. Read this user tip for what you need to know to protect your iMac: Effective defenses against malware and other threats - Apple Community   

I'd also uninstall Gemini. Anything from MacPaw is considered akin to malware around here.

Lag boot progress bar

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.