Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Pop up screen in safari

Can anyone help me fix this issue with my phone? Every time I use safari and I go to a website and additional screen pops up on that website and won’t go away. I hit the back button and it goes back to the normal screen in safari and then when I hit a link on the webpage a screen pops up again (it looks like a zoomed in version of the same screen and since I have dark mode on my phone the screen background is black). I don’t have any other way I can explain it

iPhone 11, iOS 13

Posted on May 9, 2020 11:20 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 9, 2020 12:54 PM

Slide up from the bottom to show all recently used apps, select Safari and swipe up to removed it.

Go to Settings > Safari scroll down and tap on Clear History and Website Data and agree to clear it.

Restart your iPhone.

13 replies

May 9, 2020 12:13 PM in response to christa296

So your Pop ups are blocked (See the image above) and you have cleared Safari History and Website Data-

If that is the case then Force ReStart Your iPhone as shown below-

Restart the phone:

• Press and quickly release Volume UP button
  • Press and quickly release Volume DOWN button
  • Press and Hold the SIDE button until an Apple logo appears then release the Side button (Can take up to 20 seconds)

Axel F.

Pop up screen in safari

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.