Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Imovie 10.1.1.4 - import of video has audio stutter but plays fine on quick time and every other device

I am importing 4k videos into iMovie 10.1.1.4 that now have audio stutter. The video clips are only 10 seconds long and play fine on my Macbook Air 2018 version in quick time as well as my iPad mini and my windows computer. I filmed this video on a google pixel in 4k and downloaded from google photos directly to the MacBook Air. Can anyone advise what I can try to fix the stutter. If I play the files in finder that are fine. It is only when i import them into iMovie. Thank You

MacBook Air 13", macOS 10.15

Posted on May 9, 2020 1:32 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 9, 2020 2:19 PM

iMovie supports 4K 30fps, but does not support 4K 60 fps. That might be the cause of your audio stuttering issue. Check the frame rate of your clip to see if that is your situation.

If the above is not your situation, use a video converter like the free download Handbrake to convert the video to H.264, Mp4/AAC, even if it is already that. You can get Handbrake here:

https://handbrake.fr/

-- Rich

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 9, 2020 2:19 PM in response to bbellas

iMovie supports 4K 30fps, but does not support 4K 60 fps. That might be the cause of your audio stuttering issue. Check the frame rate of your clip to see if that is your situation.

If the above is not your situation, use a video converter like the free download Handbrake to convert the video to H.264, Mp4/AAC, even if it is already that. You can get Handbrake here:

https://handbrake.fr/

-- Rich

Imovie 10.1.1.4 - import of video has audio stutter but plays fine on quick time and every other device

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.