Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

cant remove old/non existing email from icloud info

so i have 2 devices with an old email that no longer exists. it was my old comcast email. that account no longer works so i cant access my i cloud. i made a new one because it required me to. i would like to know what can be done. i cant delete or sing in with the old one because the whole accout no longer exist. its like its stuck on my ipad and wont delete to put my new one in

iPad, iPadOS 13

Posted on May 9, 2020 9:14 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 9, 2020 10:06 PM

Hello,

The iPad is locked with Activation Lock. There is no way around unlocking Activation Lock without inserting the device’s associated Apple ID. If this is not an option you will have to find the original receipt for the device that clearly shows the serial number. Once you have this document you can have Apple unlock your iPad.

Activation Lock

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 9, 2020 10:06 PM in response to chiefsmokem

Hello,

The iPad is locked with Activation Lock. There is no way around unlocking Activation Lock without inserting the device’s associated Apple ID. If this is not an option you will have to find the original receipt for the device that clearly shows the serial number. Once you have this document you can have Apple unlock your iPad.

Activation Lock

cant remove old/non existing email from icloud info

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.