Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPod touch screen separating from rest of iPod

Hi so I noticed while watching a video that the screen of the iPod touch is lifting up in the middle away from the body of the iPod. It isn’t too severe at the moment but I can see light leaking in from the sides and what appears to strands of glue? I don’t know how bad of a problem this is or if there is a way to fix it without going through Apple repairs. Can I just leave it alone or will it get worse? I just can’t afford to send it out to Apple right now, but at the same time would prefer to continue using it...

iPod, iOS 9

Posted on May 9, 2020 10:10 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 10, 2020 5:07 AM

In my opinion that can be either of two causes:

1. the iPod has been damaged, that is, bent. Are there any inward crease marks on the back case of your iPod? If so, that suggests to me that it has be subjected to bending (such as sitting down with it in a back pocket), causing the back case to bend, which in turn caused the front to lift away where the crease is located
  2. the battery has swollen, thereby pushing the front and back apart from each other. In this situation, I think it unlikely that you would see any crease marks, but if you do, they are more likely to be outward facing.

If you come to the conclusion that the battery may have swollen up, you should seek a repair as soon as possible. Swollen batteries can be dangerous.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 10, 2020 5:07 AM in response to Kiirii224

In my opinion that can be either of two causes:

1. the iPod has been damaged, that is, bent. Are there any inward crease marks on the back case of your iPod? If so, that suggests to me that it has be subjected to bending (such as sitting down with it in a back pocket), causing the back case to bend, which in turn caused the front to lift away where the crease is located
  2. the battery has swollen, thereby pushing the front and back apart from each other. In this situation, I think it unlikely that you would see any crease marks, but if you do, they are more likely to be outward facing.

If you come to the conclusion that the battery may have swollen up, you should seek a repair as soon as possible. Swollen batteries can be dangerous.

iPod touch screen separating from rest of iPod

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.