Newsroom Update

The redesigned iPad Air and new iPad Pro with Apple silicon are now available. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Dead pixel on iPad Pro 11" 2020

I bought a new iPad Pro 11 "2020

but I found dead pixels on the screen. Can this be resolved with troubleshooting ?

I received the device on May 9, 2020.

iPad Pro, iPadOS 13

Posted on May 10, 2020 5:06 AM

2 replies

May 10, 2020 5:21 AM in response to gacem

”Dead Pixels” are just that - dead. If they don’t move about - and are always in the same position(s) then they may be dead; it they do move, then something else is the cause.

No amount of troubleshooting or reset will resolve dead pixels - the only solution is for the display panel to be replaced. Apple quality control is usually pretty good at preventing bad panels from being shipped from manufacture - but failures after shipment, although rare, are a fault. If within warranty, dependent upon the type of pixel failure (number, total pixel failure, fixed colour, location) you might be offered an exchange.

Out of warranty exchanges, by Apple, are chargeable - costs typically being 60% of the “as new” price.

As your screen was defective out-of-the-box, I’d be contacting the retailer from where it was purchased to seek a replacement. If purchased from Apple, you’ll need to contact Apple Support to register the problem.

During these extraordinary times, the quickest and most efficient route to making contact with Apple Support is via the Contact Support link at top-right of this page.

Dead pixel on iPad Pro 11" 2020

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.