Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Share Apple account but keep Apple Watch activity per user

Hi

Me and my wife use the same apple account for all our devices, we both have an iPhone, each sync with an Apple Watch and then a shared iPad and Mac.

I understand that data is shared, everything has been working great and want to keep it like this. The only thing I would like to have per user is the activity data. I have read about it but want to have an expert’s opinion.

Is there a way I separate my watch activity from my wife’s activity and only see mine in my watch and iPhone? Is there a way to set two profiles? Or play around with sync to iCloud so it doesn’t sync mine and keeps it isolated in my iPhone? Or any other idea?

Apple Watch Series 3, watchOS 6

Posted on May 10, 2020 7:33 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 11, 2020 9:00 AM

Hello turururu,

If I've understood your post right, you're sharing an Apple ID with your wife and would like to know if it's possible to continue doing so without having to share Health data. I'd like to help you out with this.

While there isn't a way to set two profiles, you should be able to stop syncing each others data by turning off Health in Settings > [your name] > iCloud, on your iPhone. It's important to note that when this is turned off your Health data will no longer be stored in iCloud anymore. If you would like to back up your Health data going forward you would need to create an encrypted iTunes backup: About encrypted backups on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

Take care.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 11, 2020 9:00 AM in response to turururu

Hello turururu,

If I've understood your post right, you're sharing an Apple ID with your wife and would like to know if it's possible to continue doing so without having to share Health data. I'd like to help you out with this.

While there isn't a way to set two profiles, you should be able to stop syncing each others data by turning off Health in Settings > [your name] > iCloud, on your iPhone. It's important to note that when this is turned off your Health data will no longer be stored in iCloud anymore. If you would like to back up your Health data going forward you would need to create an encrypted iTunes backup: About encrypted backups on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

Take care.

Share Apple account but keep Apple Watch activity per user

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.