Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad Engraving

I mostly always trade in my old devices when upgrading... Currently, I am looking to purchase an iPad, and was thinking of engraving it... But still not sure as I would like to know would that affect the trade in value of the iPad specifically because of the engraving? Please let me know....

iPad Air 3 Wi-Fi

Posted on May 10, 2020 7:53 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 11, 2020 7:22 AM

Trade-in values are never as good as you would like - and should you choose to do so, you’ll always achieve a far better cash-value if you can sell your device privately. In the latter case, engraving will almost always reduce the residual value of the device.

My recommendation, whether trade-in or private sale, is to avoid engraving your device.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 11, 2020 7:22 AM in response to ansh10

Trade-in values are never as good as you would like - and should you choose to do so, you’ll always achieve a far better cash-value if you can sell your device privately. In the latter case, engraving will almost always reduce the residual value of the device.

My recommendation, whether trade-in or private sale, is to avoid engraving your device.

iPad Engraving

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.