Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

USB-C at HP laptop - fast charging iphone 8

Is it harmful to phone battery if I use the HP laptop to charge my phone (USB-C to lightning cable to charge iphone 8)?

Posted on May 10, 2020 10:17 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 11, 2020 4:05 PM

Hi ZoeJoeyYee, 

Thank you for out to Apple Support Communities. 

From your post, I see that you have a question about being able to fast charge your iPhone 8 using a USB-C cable and a PC. I want to help. You will be able to fast charge your iPhone 8 using a USB-C cable and your PC. An iPhone 8 supports fast charging. This article has more information about how to Fast charge your iPhone and iPad - Apple Support

Also, this article has more information on using a USB-C with a PC:  Charge and connect with the USB-C port on iPad Pro - Apple Support

Hope that helps.

Best Regards!

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 11, 2020 4:05 PM in response to ZoeJoeyYee

Hi ZoeJoeyYee, 

Thank you for out to Apple Support Communities. 

From your post, I see that you have a question about being able to fast charge your iPhone 8 using a USB-C cable and a PC. I want to help. You will be able to fast charge your iPhone 8 using a USB-C cable and your PC. An iPhone 8 supports fast charging. This article has more information about how to Fast charge your iPhone and iPad - Apple Support

Also, this article has more information on using a USB-C with a PC:  Charge and connect with the USB-C port on iPad Pro - Apple Support

Hope that helps.

Best Regards!

USB-C at HP laptop - fast charging iphone 8

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.