Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Missing Archive Mail folder & contents on 11 Pro Max

I had an Archive Mail folder On the 11 Pro Max using my Suddenlink POP account but it has disappeared, along with the contents which I need back. (Others went missing too : Sent, Drafts, Deleted, Trash but those have been recreated (although the contents didn’t come back). I don’t know where my Archive folder along with the archived emails are and I really need to get it back. I don’t want to restore and lose stuff, I just want to find where that folder went and retrieve it. Is there a way to recover it without losing the current status?

Thanks in advance

iPhone 11 Pro Max

Posted on May 11, 2020 8:32 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 11, 2020 8:40 AM

If you have setup mail in the native Mail app on the iPhone, when configuring the account, you are given the choice to use an Archive or Trash when deleting mail. Go to Settings>Passwords & Accounts, tap on your account in question, then go to Advanced, and see what is checked for Move Discarded Messages Into:. Check the settings for Deleted Messages Remove. That will determine what happens to mail at a certain setting.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 11, 2020 8:40 AM in response to Greyzoned

If you have setup mail in the native Mail app on the iPhone, when configuring the account, you are given the choice to use an Archive or Trash when deleting mail. Go to Settings>Passwords & Accounts, tap on your account in question, then go to Advanced, and see what is checked for Move Discarded Messages Into:. Check the settings for Deleted Messages Remove. That will determine what happens to mail at a certain setting.

Missing Archive Mail folder & contents on 11 Pro Max

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.