Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Downloading an app

The utilities app Mountain will not download after I purchased it.

I am able to go to the developers website and download a trial version but I bought it on the App Store - how would I get my license?

Worse is I tried to email the developer but their captcha does not work and declares I am a "Bot" no matter how many times I try.

So I am basically stuck. The app will not download from the App Store and I cannot email the developer to bet my license. I could rebuy the app (assuming that would work) but why spend twice?

I need one of these methods to work!

Posted on May 11, 2020 9:43 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 12, 2020 11:28 AM

Hey muckdiver,

It sounds like you're having a problem downloading the app Mountain you purchased via the Mac App Store. I looked at the app in question and at least a few reviewers are having a similar issue. I took a look at their website and found this disclaimer:

"Important notice for Mac App Store customers

The Mountain version available on the Mac App Store is NOT the latest version.

Mac App Store customers can migrate to the latest version for free.

Please follow the instructions in our migration guide."

You can request a refund for you purchase here - Request a refund for apps or content that you bought from Apple

This website does have a "buy now" link, but the site says "Ready for High Sierra" and it may not work as expected on the current version of macOS Catalina.

Kind regards.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 12, 2020 11:28 AM in response to muckdiver

Hey muckdiver,

It sounds like you're having a problem downloading the app Mountain you purchased via the Mac App Store. I looked at the app in question and at least a few reviewers are having a similar issue. I took a look at their website and found this disclaimer:

"Important notice for Mac App Store customers

The Mountain version available on the Mac App Store is NOT the latest version.

Mac App Store customers can migrate to the latest version for free.

Please follow the instructions in our migration guide."

You can request a refund for you purchase here - Request a refund for apps or content that you bought from Apple

This website does have a "buy now" link, but the site says "Ready for High Sierra" and it may not work as expected on the current version of macOS Catalina.

Kind regards.

Downloading an app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.