Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Help with Logitech C920 webcam.

I just installed a Logitech C920 HD Pro webcam. I went to the Logitech website, viewed a video on connecting the camera and was successful. Zoom and QuickTime recognized the camera. I then viewed a YouTube video describing how to manage the camera settings like zoom and focus. It said to download the Logitech Camera Settings software from the App Store. When I entered the name Logitech in the search field of the App Store there were no Logitech items listed. Several other videos mentioned Logitech software on the App Store. Did it get taken off of the App Store? Did search incorrectly? Apparently Logitech does not directly support Mac. I tried doing a chat from their website but was sent to a third party for their help. The third party website wanted my credit card information and was going to charge me $50/mo. after a brief trial period.

Mac Pro, macOS 10.13

Posted on May 11, 2020 2:46 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Similar questions

15 replies

May 29, 2020 2:48 PM in response to Bob1177

Thanks fr responding , I tried several different downloads , none helped so I ordered an off brand webcam from amazon it came in less than 24 hours & works for Webex ,it has no adjustment but the picture is clear .

Logitech wireless keyboards & track balls have no problem with my new mini Mac ,they should do the same for there webcams ?

Aug 14, 2020 1:50 PM in response to Mr_Christopher_pdx

I use one for both FaceTime and for Zoom meetings multiple times a week and it works great. It has the built in mic and so you get audio & video in one package.

ASC - Late 2012 Mac mini, macOS 10.14.6; Watch, series 5 GPS/cellular, watchOS 6.2; iPad Air 2, ipadOS 13.6.1; iPhone 8+, iOS 13.6.1; TV 4th Gen, tvOS 13.4.8;  HomePods, audioOS 13.4.8 and Airport Express w/ Airplay 2

Sep 18, 2020 10:40 AM in response to tmetravler

My Mac Mini 2018 runs 10.15.4. As soon as I upgraded to that version my Logitech C920 stopped working. It intermittently crashes when I Skype, Zoom, or FaceTime (super problematic to have happening these days) and cannot be recognized by my system. I've tried various security/privacy settings to recognize the camera, they all work temporarily but eventually cut out at some point. Recently the camera was working ok, but then I removed the USB connection for my printer and the camera went off immediately. So crappy. I wish there was a reliable solution.

Sep 18, 2020 11:58 AM in response to didanyc

Funny thing, I went to the local Apple Store, shot the breeze with the geniuses there. They were not aware they're was an issue as they all recommend anything by Logitech if budgets tight or looking for a webcam. I just assumed it was the security chip that's blocking any recognition? So have you had any luck where you live? (I'm currently in England, from Tampa)

Logitech says same, all our products works plug n play with Mac OS. its a shame as I invested in a Mac mini and need to blog/vlog and was depending on Logitech's cams.. (****** off that I had to return it) crazy thing is are we the few?

Help with Logitech C920 webcam.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.