Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Time Machine error with Catalina

Hi All,

I have came across this issue, it is prompting me that the time machines has detected 2 same name, so what I did was I went into "automator", there I can see the duplicate hard disk name, I check which is my main hard disk, the one with all the folders while the other one has no folder. I name this with folder to become my "Main".

After that I went to time machine and I do a backup and it all went smoothly.

Is there anyone with this issue, resolve it this way?

Posted on May 12, 2020 9:28 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 12, 2020 10:59 AM

Time Machine should only be run when you aren't running other programs. It can get confused with open programs.

You can manually choose when Time Machine runs by adding it to the menubar, and using the menubar control. The Apple menu -> System Preferences for Time Machine lets you control it. I recommend starting it before going to bed.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 12, 2020 10:59 AM in response to sfans65

Time Machine should only be run when you aren't running other programs. It can get confused with open programs.

You can manually choose when Time Machine runs by adding it to the menubar, and using the menubar control. The Apple menu -> System Preferences for Time Machine lets you control it. I recommend starting it before going to bed.

Time Machine error with Catalina

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.