Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

App Store link for High Sierra download is not working.

I am trying to install High Sierra on my MacBook Pro 17" Late 2011 - but I keep getting "Update Not Found" "The requested version of MacOS is not available."

Is there a way to download outside of the App Store?

MacBook Pro 17", macOS 10.13

Posted on May 12, 2020 6:20 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 13, 2020 7:49 PM

Yeah, you should have mentioned that you are doing this on a 2019 model mac. At no point in your previous posts did you mention this.

The App Store does not allow you to download an OS older than the one your mac came pre installed with. Unfortunately the App Store does not factor in that you may not want to install this OS on your mac but be downloading it so you can create a bootable USB for use on another mac.

Have you tried to install a mac OS from your Recovery HD on your 2011 MacBook Pro.

Connect it to your router via cable, not WiFi.

How to reinstall macOS from macOS Recovery – Apple Support

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 13, 2020 7:49 PM in response to Crownofthorns17

Yeah, you should have mentioned that you are doing this on a 2019 model mac. At no point in your previous posts did you mention this.

The App Store does not allow you to download an OS older than the one your mac came pre installed with. Unfortunately the App Store does not factor in that you may not want to install this OS on your mac but be downloading it so you can create a bootable USB for use on another mac.

Have you tried to install a mac OS from your Recovery HD on your 2011 MacBook Pro.

Connect it to your router via cable, not WiFi.

How to reinstall macOS from macOS Recovery – Apple Support

May 12, 2020 10:26 PM in response to Crownofthorns17

Your MacBook Pro 2011 can upgrade to High Sierra.

What version of OS are you running at the moment.

High Sierra is available from the App Store, please use Safari as your browser when you click on this link,

How to upgrade to macOS High Sierra - Apple Support

Go to Section 4 and click on Get macOS High Sierra,

another window will open telling you it is connecting with the App Store.

After a short while the App Store will open and you should see this.

May 13, 2020 9:34 AM in response to Eau Rouge

You are correct, except for the last part.

I click "Get" in the App Store and then I receive this error:

"Update Not Found"

"The requested version of macOS is not available"

Please see the screen shot below:

I am attempting to download High Sierra via a MacBook Air (Retina, 13-inch, 2019) onto a USB so that I can boot from a USB and get my Late 2011 Mac Book Pro to come back to life, with a new hard drive, and then use migration assistant to move the data I'd like to keep from my back up.

App Store link for High Sierra download is not working.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.