Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to get Itunes to transfer music to my devices

I have Apple Match but can’t get ITunes to sync music from my desktop to my IPhone or IPod. I can import music to ITunes but can’t download to my devices.

iPhone XS, iOS 13

Posted on May 13, 2020 8:35 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 13, 2020 8:45 AM

I assume by Apple Macth, you mean iTunes Match, rather than Apple Music.

If so, make sure Sync Library is turned on in iTunes on your computer and iOS devices and that your music has been uploaded to the iTunes Match cloud.

See here for steps: Turn on Sync Library with Apple Music - Apple Support

3 replies

May 13, 2020 10:24 AM in response to Tedmullins

What do you mean, "when I go to devices"?

You cannot physically sync using the main sync button in iTunes when using the iCloud Music Library from iTunes Match.

That Sync above button will do nothing when Sync Library is turned on. As that option renders the direct sync option unnecessary.

If you have turned on "Sync Library" in Preferences. Then tracks in your libray on your computer are scanned, and either matched or uploaded to iCloud

Once that is done, turning on the Sync Library option directly on the iPhone or iPad should show the tracks in the Music app there.

See here to view the status for your songs when iCloud Music Library is turned on: Identify cloud status icons in your music library on your Mac or PC - Apple Support

how to get Itunes to transfer music to my devices

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.