Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do you sync ipad contacts to iphone contacts

I have a new iphone and all my contacts did not transfer to it from the old phone or icloud, but old contacts are still on my ipad and I want to transfer them to my iphone and maybe anything else I am not aware of the did not transfer over to the phone

Posted on May 13, 2020 3:07 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 13, 2020 3:35 PM

If you logged into the same iCloud on the new phone as you were signed in on the old phone, and turned on Contacts in iCloud on the new phone, then the contacts should be there. If they are not, then it would mean that some of your contacts are in a different account. Do you have the same email accounts on the iPad as you did on the old iPhone? If so, on the iPad, go to Contacts, check the upper left corner and see if it shows All Groups, or All Contacts. Tap on that, and you will see what other account is listed. You can also check this by going to Settings>Passwords & Accounts. Then look at the account list there and see if any of the accounts besides iCloud have Contacts listed. Then we can work from there.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 13, 2020 3:35 PM in response to myteacher

If you logged into the same iCloud on the new phone as you were signed in on the old phone, and turned on Contacts in iCloud on the new phone, then the contacts should be there. If they are not, then it would mean that some of your contacts are in a different account. Do you have the same email accounts on the iPad as you did on the old iPhone? If so, on the iPad, go to Contacts, check the upper left corner and see if it shows All Groups, or All Contacts. Tap on that, and you will see what other account is listed. You can also check this by going to Settings>Passwords & Accounts. Then look at the account list there and see if any of the accounts besides iCloud have Contacts listed. Then we can work from there.

How do you sync ipad contacts to iphone contacts

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.