Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

cant factory reset my iphone

okay, I have an iPhone 8 plus that is disabled with no SIM card. I have no access to any icloud information on the phone because it was given to me and I assumed I could factory reset the iPhone on my own. I have tried everything I can and I don't know how to factory reset it, please help.

iPhone 8 Plus

Posted on May 13, 2020 7:16 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 13, 2020 7:26 PM

Factory resetting the iPhone is not going to help you. If you don't know the Apple ID and password, the phone is Activation Locked. Contact the person that gave you the iPhone to get them to remove the Activation Lock. If they cannot remove it, then the device is useless to you. You will not be able to unlock it. If the other person can unlock the device, then you will need to get a SIM to be able to activate the device anyway.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 13, 2020 7:26 PM in response to riahll

Factory resetting the iPhone is not going to help you. If you don't know the Apple ID and password, the phone is Activation Locked. Contact the person that gave you the iPhone to get them to remove the Activation Lock. If they cannot remove it, then the device is useless to you. You will not be able to unlock it. If the other person can unlock the device, then you will need to get a SIM to be able to activate the device anyway.

cant factory reset my iphone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.