Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mobile getting overheated

After the iOS 13.4.1 update, iPhone XS is getting heated a lot. I don’t have any games on my mobile. Have updated all the apps till date. I cannot keep in mobile in my hand. Please help in this regard.

iPhone XS, iOS 13

Posted on May 14, 2020 6:10 AM

5 replies

May 15, 2020 8:03 AM in response to rajvishnu

Howdy rajvishnu,

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities! I understand that your iPhone gets warm when in use. Let’s take a look and see what we can do. I'm happy to help!

Let's take a look at this resource that I was able to gather.

Keeping iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch within acceptable operating temperatures

Specifically, "Your device might get warm"

When you use the device or charge the battery, the device might get warm. You might notice that your device feels warmer in these situations:

• When you set up your device the first time
  • When you restore from a backup
  • When apps reindex or reanalyze data, like Photos tagging for faces, places, or keywords after a software update
  • When you use graphics-intensive or augmented-reality apps or features

These conditions are normal, and your device will return to a regular temperature when complete.

Here are some of the higher ambient-temperature conditions and activities that might cause the device to change performance and behavior:

• Leaving the device in a car on a hot day.
  • Leaving the device in direct sunlight for an extended period of time.
  • Using certain features in hot conditions or direct sunlight for an extended period of time, such as GPS tracking or navigation in a car, playing a graphics-intensive game, or using augmented-reality apps.

Your device will show you a temperature warning screen similar to this one if it reaches a certain threshold. Has your device been showing you this temperature warning screen? Are any other the actions above performing when your device gets warm?

Best regards!

May 17, 2020 6:28 AM in response to rajvishnu

Hello rajvishnu,

Thanks for reaching back out with the information. We appreciate it.

Let's next take a look at your battery health to make sure our performance is supporting peak capacity and operating as normal.

iPhone Battery and Performance

If you verified via the links provided that your battery health is still good and your iPhone is being keep within acceptable operating temperatures, then the next best step would be to reach out to Apple Support:

Contact Apple Support

Have a great day.

May 15, 2020 6:27 PM in response to raina_b22

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. I am not getting any warning signs regarding the temperature of my iPhone. Also I don’t have any Augumented reality app in my mobile or any high intense graphics games.When I start to use my mobile, it starts to get heated, say during a call or surfing the Internet. When I did the software update iOS 13.4.1, I am getting this issue, before that everything was fine. I always keep my mobile in shaded area only there’s no way of direct sunlight to reach it.

Mobile getting overheated

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.