Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad Air 2nd Generation - Error 9

I backed up my iPad to iTunes after not having done so for a long time. After, I attempted to update to latest software version and failed. At this point, I can't get past the Apple logo with a grayed out progress bar due to Error 9. I've attempted Update and Restore and failed. I've switched USB ports - no difference. I can't get the iPad to start up without asking me to connect to iTunes. It was working fine before the backup to iTunes. Any suggestions appreciated.

Coincidentally, I had just purchased a newer iPad air and gone through the installation process prior to attempting the update on the old one. I'm not sure if that factors in.

Thanks,

Eddie

iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi

Posted on May 14, 2020 7:13 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 14, 2020 9:59 AM

Okay. If avoiding contact with Apple Support, you have one last option, this being a DFU Restore. Here is an external link that best describes the procedure:

https://osxdaily.com/2010/12/04/ipad-dfu-mode/

I hope this found to be helpful in resolving the the issue.

7 replies

iPad Air 2nd Generation - Error 9

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.