Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Classroom and Peer to Peer traffic being closed by IT department

Hi Guys,

I would like to use Apple Classroom in our School however the IT department blocks all the Peer to Peer traffic on the network as they consider this a huge security risk. They have blocked it all.

Is there a way to have Apple Classroom working maybe with opening some ports?

Any ideas? any school around here that use it and are happy?

Thanks Niels

[Email Edited by Moderator]

iPad (6th gen) WiFi, Cellular

Posted on May 14, 2020 7:41 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 19, 2020 7:54 AM

What your IT department can do for security is assign each Apple product an assigned internal IP address and remove certain restrictions to allow for peer to peer traffic per assigned IP address just for those devices. Now apple products are pretty secure in terms of OS so there shouldn’t be a worry of peer to peer traffic other than the Apple Classroom. From my knowledge schools that have used it have really enjoyed the control over the devices to ensure learning is only done on those devices.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 19, 2020 7:54 AM in response to ISHNiels

What your IT department can do for security is assign each Apple product an assigned internal IP address and remove certain restrictions to allow for peer to peer traffic per assigned IP address just for those devices. Now apple products are pretty secure in terms of OS so there shouldn’t be a worry of peer to peer traffic other than the Apple Classroom. From my knowledge schools that have used it have really enjoyed the control over the devices to ensure learning is only done on those devices.

Apple Classroom and Peer to Peer traffic being closed by IT department

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.