Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Update 10.15.4 downloaded but wont update during restart

My macbookpro is currently running macOS 10.15.2, and my system preferences lists a software update that is available, 10.15.4. I downloaded the update, and when it prompted me to, I restarted so that it could be installed. It pulled up a progress bar under the apple logo for like a second, but then disappeared and restarted like normal without updating anything. the software update still lists this as an available update, so I am at a loss as to how to proceed. I tried it in safe mode but nothing happened. I am not even getting a message saying macbook failed to update, it just acts like nothing happened. Please help!

MacBook Pro 13", macOS 10.15

Posted on May 14, 2020 8:58 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 14, 2020 11:42 AM

Try this: Download and Install the macOS Catalina 10.15.4 Combo Update. After this downloads simple double-click on the app's icon to start it. It will restart your computer on its own. No user interaction is needed. It may take from 30 minutes to an hour, or longer, depending on your hardware.

4 replies

Update 10.15.4 downloaded but wont update during restart

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.