Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MUSIC ON WATCH

i just got a new phone a few weeks ago. and now i have notice my watch will not play any music. i used to be able to switch songs, turn the volume up. i cant do anything from my watch anymore. it has no controls i am getting very aggravated.

Apple Watch Series 4, watchOS 5

Posted on May 14, 2020 10:04 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 14, 2020 10:07 AM

This might help;

Listen to music, podcasts, and audiobooks on your Apple Watch - Apple Support

3 replies

May 16, 2020 6:27 PM in response to cailee226

The Apple Watch will ONLY play music via Bluetooth device paired to the Apple Watch. Bluetooth Headphones or Bluetooth speakers.

The Apple Watch will Not play music via the Apple Watch speakers (takes too much power from the tiny Apple Watch battery).

I have successfully paired 4 different Bluetooth headphones to my Apple Watch. The Most Difficult part is finding the headphone instructions on how to put them into "Discovery" mode so that the Apple Watch can see and pair to the headphones.

• Sony Noise Canceling headphones
  • Apple AirPods (the easiest, as there is a pairing button on the back of the case)
  • a pair of Jabra 15 year old Bluetooth headphones
  • another 15 year old Bluetooth headphones, that I forget the name of at the moment).

MUSIC ON WATCH

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.