Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Brand new Mac Airbook, using iMovie10 will not see any media files on desktop

I have a brand new Mac Airbook. Downloaded iMovie 10. When trying to import media files, I cannot see any of my files on my desktop, but I can see media files in Download folder. Why won't iMovie see files on my desktop? I even did a screen capture just to try a brand new file and it does not see that either.

Thanks

MacBook Air

Posted on May 14, 2020 4:12 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 15, 2020 1:27 PM

It might be a corrupt preference. Try opening iMovie while holding down the Option and Command keys and selecting to

delete preferences in the box that appears. iMovie will open in a new library. Reopen your old library to get back to your projects. Now see if the download window will see the media in the Downloads folder.

If no luck, try redownloading iMovie. To update/redownload iMovie 10, drag your iMovie 10 app from the Applications folder into the trash, but do not empty the trash. Sign in to the app store and open your purchases folder by clicking on your name at the bottom of the app store side bar. You will see your purchases displayed, including iMovie 10. Redownload/update iMovie from there. If not successful, drag your present iMovie app out of the trash and return it to the Applications folder.

As a workaround, you can try dragging the media out of the Downloads folder, and then into iMovie.

-- Rich

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 15, 2020 1:27 PM in response to itsnan73

It might be a corrupt preference. Try opening iMovie while holding down the Option and Command keys and selecting to

delete preferences in the box that appears. iMovie will open in a new library. Reopen your old library to get back to your projects. Now see if the download window will see the media in the Downloads folder.

If no luck, try redownloading iMovie. To update/redownload iMovie 10, drag your iMovie 10 app from the Applications folder into the trash, but do not empty the trash. Sign in to the app store and open your purchases folder by clicking on your name at the bottom of the app store side bar. You will see your purchases displayed, including iMovie 10. Redownload/update iMovie from there. If not successful, drag your present iMovie app out of the trash and return it to the Applications folder.

As a workaround, you can try dragging the media out of the Downloads folder, and then into iMovie.

-- Rich

Brand new Mac Airbook, using iMovie10 will not see any media files on desktop

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.