Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't reinstall new macOS

I'm trying to install a new version of macOS. The only option I have is mojave. Despite that , when I click continue (the very first step in the installation wizard) it takes some time and says "the request to recovery server timed out".

Using a macbook pro 13inch, 2018 built.

The log says, Package Authoring Error,

access to path " /tmp/com.apple.pkg.testing" requires <options allow-external-scripts='true'>

and similar errors.

MacBook Pro

Posted on May 15, 2020 5:20 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 15, 2020 8:14 AM

thearyanahmed wrote:

I'm trying to install a new version of macOS. The only option I have is mojave. Despite that , when I click continue (the very first step in the installation wizard) it takes some time and says "the request to recovery server timed out".

access to path " /tmp/com.apple.pkg.testing" requires <options allow-external-scripts='true'>

and similar errors.

How to reinstall macOS from macOS Recovery - https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204904

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 15, 2020 8:14 AM in response to thearyanahmed

thearyanahmed wrote:

and similar errors.

How to reinstall macOS from macOS Recovery - https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204904

Can't reinstall new macOS

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.