Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

delete / backspace Arrow keys. all suddenly switch.

I have Imac with small wireless keyboard. (no back space key or number pad).

Forever my delete key acted like back space erasing to the left behind the curser.

Now suddenly it is erasing to the right in front.

Also my arrow keys have turned into page up page down keys. Which makes the back space issue more difficult as I cant easily erase quick mistakes. I have to use my mouse to put the curser at the front of the error and hit delete.

It was "normal" for years. Now its driving me nuts. On two occasions I restarted the computer and it reverted to the way it had always been, i was thrilled. But it didnt last long.... upon next restart its backwards again.

I cant find any info on this anywhere. Why did it switch? Why did it switch back? Its driving me crazy.

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on May 15, 2020 6:32 AM

Similar questions

3 replies

May 15, 2020 8:24 AM in response to BDAqua

Thank you for your response!

No as far as I can tell none of the keys are stuck. Is there anyplace for me to test each key? Maybe it feels good but it isn't recording?

Up and down arrows are page up page down.

Function up down arrows is still page up page down.

command-up or down arrow. both bring me to the very top home of the document.

Delete still goes to the right instead of backspacing to the left.

delete / backspace Arrow keys. all suddenly switch.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.