You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

VISA debit card is not accepted for Apple TV+

My VISA debit card is not accepted when trying to use Apple TV+ for the first time, but my card works just fine with iTunes. The warning message when trying to verify authorization was that 'debit cards are not accepted.' And, I don't have a regular c.c. So now I can't use my PC to watch Apple TV, but, I can on my iPhone, and no c.c. info was needed. Whats up?

Posted on May 15, 2020 8:54 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 15, 2020 10:05 AM

As mentioned on: Join Apple TV+ - Apple Support

6. When you sign in to tv.apple.com for the first time, you might be asked to add or verify a credit card to ensure the account holder has authorized viewing on the web.

The card is not a payment request, but a user verification. The card details that you enter have to match the card details on file as your payment method.

Several users have reported that it works with debit cards too, if they match.

This request would only haven when viewing on the web. Not when viewing in the Apple TV app on any of your devices.

If you need additional assistance, then contact Apple Support.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 15, 2020 10:05 AM in response to chrispsharp

As mentioned on: Join Apple TV+ - Apple Support

6. When you sign in to tv.apple.com for the first time, you might be asked to add or verify a credit card to ensure the account holder has authorized viewing on the web.

The card is not a payment request, but a user verification. The card details that you enter have to match the card details on file as your payment method.

Several users have reported that it works with debit cards too, if they match.

This request would only haven when viewing on the web. Not when viewing in the Apple TV app on any of your devices.

If you need additional assistance, then contact Apple Support.

VISA debit card is not accepted for Apple TV+

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.