Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I get rid of GarageBand?

I accidentally opened Garage Band. I do not want it. I cannot Quit Garage Band. I would like to totally get rid of it. How cn I do this?

MacBook Air 13", macOS 10.12

Posted on May 15, 2020 12:32 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 15, 2020 12:59 PM

Use Force Quit from the - menu to quit GarageBand, if you cannot quit it.

You can uninstall garageBand by dragging the GarageBand application to the Trash.

But if you really do not want to use GarageBand you should also uninstall the sound library and the loops. They use a lot of storage.

On Mojave or catalina you can use the "Storage" display from the -menu, then the "Manage" button and look at the storage used by "Music Creation" or "GarageBand".

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 15, 2020 12:59 PM in response to 51Bear

Use Force Quit from the - menu to quit GarageBand, if you cannot quit it.

You can uninstall garageBand by dragging the GarageBand application to the Trash.

But if you really do not want to use GarageBand you should also uninstall the sound library and the loops. They use a lot of storage.

On Mojave or catalina you can use the "Storage" display from the -menu, then the "Manage" button and look at the storage used by "Music Creation" or "GarageBand".

How do I get rid of GarageBand?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.