Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What is Apple TV+

After purchasing the device I received a 1-year subscription to Apple TV+. Everything I click on requires me to either purchase the video (TV or movie) or subscribe to some other service (PBS, TBS, Hulu, etc.). So, what is this really?

Apple TV HD, tvOS 13

Posted on May 15, 2020 1:12 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 15, 2020 1:57 PM

The Apple TV+ subscription covers the Apple Original content. TV shows and movies, specifically produced for the Apple TV+ Channel. You will recognize the Apple TV+ content by the ‘tv+’ logo on the artwork in the Apple TV app. Additionally, there is a special section in Watch Now﹥Available Apple TV Channels﹥tv+﹥ with just the overview of Apple TV+ shows.

List of original programs distributed by Apple TV+ - Wikipedia

About Apple TV+ - Apple

Apple TV+ on the web - Apple

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 15, 2020 1:57 PM in response to Mike Lipay

The Apple TV+ subscription covers the Apple Original content. TV shows and movies, specifically produced for the Apple TV+ Channel. You will recognize the Apple TV+ content by the ‘tv+’ logo on the artwork in the Apple TV app. Additionally, there is a special section in Watch Now﹥Available Apple TV Channels﹥tv+﹥ with just the overview of Apple TV+ shows.

List of original programs distributed by Apple TV+ - Wikipedia

About Apple TV+ - Apple

Apple TV+ on the web - Apple

May 15, 2020 4:14 PM in response to Mike Lipay

They don't make it easy to find, do they?

The naming doesn’t help either, imho.

So, the rest of the stuff, like Hulu, do you need a Hulu subscription, or are you purchasing the Hulu subscription thru Apple? What if I already have a Hulu subscription, can I link it into Apple TV+?

Hulu will require a separate subscription and a separate app. You can subscribe in the app through your Apple ID account, or with Hulu directly (through their website), which would require a separate account with them.

Hulu can be linked to the Apple TV app (that is: Hulu content will show in Watch Now and Up Next in the Apple TV app).

Apple TV+ is a separate Channel in the Apple TV app. Nothing “links in to” Apple TV+. It is its own content (collection of shows) with its own subscription.

What is Apple TV+

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.