Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Facetime live photos wont save for me but when my S.O. takes them they work fine for her

I have turned off and on FaceTime, restarted my phone, and even did a full reset into the latest iOS but still won’t save Live Photo’s

iPhone 11 Pro Max, 13

Posted on May 15, 2020 4:53 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 31, 2020 6:15 PM

Hi! I had this problem where me and my friend's facetime live was not working, after days of trying to fix the problem I have figured it out! The problem was that me and my friend were logged into our apple ID's for facetime. You want to go to settings, facetime, then hold down on where it says "Apple ID:" then press sign out. The problem should be fixed now that you are using just your phone number. It will give you the option afterwards to "Use your apple Id for facetime" however if you do enable that, facetime live will go back to not working.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 31, 2020 6:15 PM in response to Tazoneils

Hi! I had this problem where me and my friend's facetime live was not working, after days of trying to fix the problem I have figured it out! The problem was that me and my friend were logged into our apple ID's for facetime. You want to go to settings, facetime, then hold down on where it says "Apple ID:" then press sign out. The problem should be fixed now that you are using just your phone number. It will give you the option afterwards to "Use your apple Id for facetime" however if you do enable that, facetime live will go back to not working.

Facetime live photos wont save for me but when my S.O. takes them they work fine for her

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.