Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

New Macbook Pro 2020 stuck on progress bar upon startup

I just got my new MacBook pro 2020 13" and it is right out of the box. While I was trying to transfer data from my old mac, it kept getting stuck so I cancelled it and restarted it.

Now, it tries to open up as if I had already transferred the data with the apple logo and progress bar. However, it just gets stuck at about 90% on the progress bar. After getting stuck, it stops and restarts the progress bar, and gets stuck in the same place, over and over.

I'm definitely not a tech expert so any help would be greatly appreciated.

MacBook

Posted on May 15, 2020 6:25 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 16, 2020 2:15 PM

Hi Flint_Lockwood,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities! Congrats on the new MacBook Pro. I'll be happy to help out with your Mac not starting up after having issues migrating data.

Follow the troubleshooting steps in this article: If your Mac starts up to an Apple logo or progress bar

Those steps should get you up and running again.

Take care!

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 16, 2020 2:15 PM in response to Flint_Lockwood

Hi Flint_Lockwood,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities! Congrats on the new MacBook Pro. I'll be happy to help out with your Mac not starting up after having issues migrating data.

Follow the troubleshooting steps in this article: If your Mac starts up to an Apple logo or progress bar

Those steps should get you up and running again.

Take care!

New Macbook Pro 2020 stuck on progress bar upon startup

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.