Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Stream Apple TV+ from laptop to TV via HDMI cable?

One of the commonly-suggested ways to get Apple TV+ onto a TV, is to stream it on a laptop within a browser, and then connect to a TV via HDMI cable.

Well this is precisely what I did - however have found that once the HDMI cable is connected, playback on the video content immediately stops, and displays a black screen.

The laptop still works fine, I can do everything else as per normal - it's just the Apple TV+ video player controls that become unresponsive. If I disconnect the HDMI cable, then it magically starts working again and I can once again play/watch content.

I've searched online and have found vague mention of problems playing back via HDMI, but have not seen any definitive information, nor any solutions.

Has anyone here been able to get Apple TV+ content onto a TV via HDMI cable from a laptop/PC?

(PS. Could not find a topic for Apple TV+ so just went with Apple TV app.)

Windows, Windows 10

Posted on May 15, 2020 7:21 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 15, 2020 9:11 PM

Apple TV+ is not supporting such mirroring connections. This service needs on of these devices: Devices you can use with the Apple TV app and Apple TV+ - Apple Support

The browser viewing of Apple TV+, is meant to be watched on that computer itself.

1 reply

Stream Apple TV+ from laptop to TV via HDMI cable?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.