Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Im new frist time using Apple Ipad, I have got IpadISO 5.1.1 Already restored and empty i need to install apps on it can any one can help with this ?

im New to Apple , i Have Ipad ISO 5.1.1 , need to install Apps on it , can anyone help me with this ,?

iPod Touch

Posted on May 15, 2020 10:53 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 16, 2020 4:40 AM

If your iPad is running iOS 5.1.1, it is an original (first generation) iPad, for which Apple formally ended update support in September 2012. iPad1 is obsolete.

The final IOS release for iPad1 was iOS 5.1.1. It cannot be updated to any later major version of iOS as it lacks the minimum hardware requirements needed to run more recent versions.

Many App Developers have also dropped support for older devices and iOS versions preceding iOS11/12 - and have withdrawn older versions of their Apps from the Apple App Store. With removal of compatible versions of Apps from the App Store, your original iPad1 will have very little usefulness or remaining utility.

If Apps that you need to use now have higher minimum iOS-version requirements, your only option is to replace your iPad with newer model. Even the basic current iPad model supports current iPadOS 13.x - and has hardware specifications that will vastly outperform your original iPad.

Sorry, this is clearly not the news that you were hoping to hear.

I hope this information is helpful - if only in clearly stating your current options and potential ways forward.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 16, 2020 4:40 AM in response to AbduLoo7

If your iPad is running iOS 5.1.1, it is an original (first generation) iPad, for which Apple formally ended update support in September 2012. iPad1 is obsolete.

The final IOS release for iPad1 was iOS 5.1.1. It cannot be updated to any later major version of iOS as it lacks the minimum hardware requirements needed to run more recent versions.

Many App Developers have also dropped support for older devices and iOS versions preceding iOS11/12 - and have withdrawn older versions of their Apps from the Apple App Store. With removal of compatible versions of Apps from the App Store, your original iPad1 will have very little usefulness or remaining utility.

If Apps that you need to use now have higher minimum iOS-version requirements, your only option is to replace your iPad with newer model. Even the basic current iPad model supports current iPadOS 13.x - and has hardware specifications that will vastly outperform your original iPad.

Sorry, this is clearly not the news that you were hoping to hear.

I hope this information is helpful - if only in clearly stating your current options and potential ways forward.

May 16, 2020 5:57 AM in response to AbduLoo7

There have been practically NO apps for that 10-year old iPad since 2016 with the switch over to the 64-bit hardware/software code upgrade.

Almost all third party app developers finally abandoned the 2010, original iPad 1 after 6 years!

There are no longer very many, IF ANY, iOS 5.1.1 compatible apps, any longer, in 2020, for initial download from Apple's iOS App Store.

Sorry.

May 16, 2020 6:32 AM in response to AbduLoo7

The unfortunate reality is that your first generation iPad is now all but useless. It’s ten years old - and obsolete in every respect. Very few, if any, Apps will be available. The built-in Safari browser is so old - and out of date - that many websites and web-applications won’t work either.

You would be best advised to retire the iPad1 - and seriously consider replacing with a much newer model. The current entry-level iPad7 is massively more powerful and is compatible with the current iPadOS13 and future versions of iPadOS.

I’m sorry that this is not the news that you were likely hoping to learn.

Im new frist time using Apple Ipad, I have got IpadISO 5.1.1 Already restored and empty i need to install apps on it can any one can help with this ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.