Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone will not play videos after iOS 13.4.1 update

Is there any resolution yet to this problem?

After my phone updates last night, I can no longer watch videos on any browser. The sound will play, but the video is just a black screen.

I cleared browser history and data, turned on an off phone and app, tried in private mode, and everything that I could possibly lookup. It seems that this is happening to a lot of iPhone owners.

Has there been any resolution, since you also cannot remove updates anymore?

iPhone 11 Pro Max

Posted on May 16, 2020 6:18 AM

5 replies

May 16, 2020 6:20 AM in response to Briansx4

Before updating to the latest iOS 13.4.1 as told on your post what was your earlier iOS version. Then you can look into the iOS changes that has happened between the earlier version on your iPhone and this new version that you have updated now. 

This will give you a broader idea of the issue, if it is directly linked to the iOS version or is triggered by something else.

May 16, 2020 8:46 AM in response to SravanKrA

I have no idea what version it was honestly, as it automatically updates. Based on the fact that I have seen over a thousand other threads and forum complaints about the exact same update having the exact same effect, I would wager that it is the update and not something else. I was using the phone before bed, with no issues, woke up to it updated and no longer played videos. I do not know what you are referring to when you say “triggered by something else” given the scenario. Only one thing had changed while I was asleep.

Appreciate the read however

Jun 15, 2020 7:10 AM in response to Briansx4

Hello I updated my iPhone to the latest update 13.4.1 and it would not let me record in video mode because there was no video mode in my photo section I discovered that you press the round button on Photo and it will record a video but before that you need to go into settings to accessibility and turn on Play sound in The voice control section this allowed me to then record a video and then play it back with sound when you were playing the video back you need to touch the little speaker down the bottom and you will get your sound I hope this makes sense to everybody it was very frustrating when Apple removed The video app It has taken me about three hours to work this out I really hope it makes sense

iPhone will not play videos after iOS 13.4.1 update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.