Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Upgrade to newest version

I'm still using High Sierra and want to upgrade to latest version, however in the App Store app, it doesn't show any upgrades available...yet there are upgrades not compatible that can't load because I haven't got the latest version. How can I get the latest version to download if it's not showing up?

MacBook Pro 15", OS X 10.11

Posted on May 16, 2020 8:28 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 16, 2020 8:32 AM

What does the content in parenthesis show for your Mac description line in the Menu : About This Mac panel? Use that information to determine if your hardware is compatible with:

How to upgrade to macOS Mojave

How to upgrade to macOS Catalina

Note that Catalina only supports 64-bit applications, and drivers, so depending upon your printer/scanner vendor, their products may not work in Catalina, as would excluded 32-bit applications, or Java 6.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 16, 2020 8:32 AM in response to Mommasan

What does the content in parenthesis show for your Mac description line in the Menu : About This Mac panel? Use that information to determine if your hardware is compatible with:

How to upgrade to macOS Mojave

How to upgrade to macOS Catalina

Note that Catalina only supports 64-bit applications, and drivers, so depending upon your printer/scanner vendor, their products may not work in Catalina, as would excluded 32-bit applications, or Java 6.

Upgrade to newest version

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.