Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't permanently disable wifi

If I disable wifi, streaming from Verizon's LTE service is more reliable. But if I disable it, it's back on within a day or sooner. Why can't I disable wifi permanently?

Does anyone know the rationale for this--that you can't permanently turn wifi off?

Better yet would be if Apple made it possible to permanently disable wifi.

iPhone X, iOS 13

Posted on May 16, 2020 11:51 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 16, 2020 12:12 PM

To turn off wi-fi for it not to come back on the next day, go to Settings>Wi-fi, turn it off there. If you turn it off in Control Center, that just disables the current wi-fi network that you are connected to until the next day, the behavior that you are currently experiencing. Use Bluetooth and Wi-Fi in Control Center - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 16, 2020 12:12 PM in response to Keezl

To turn off wi-fi for it not to come back on the next day, go to Settings>Wi-fi, turn it off there. If you turn it off in Control Center, that just disables the current wi-fi network that you are connected to until the next day, the behavior that you are currently experiencing. Use Bluetooth and Wi-Fi in Control Center - Apple Support

Can't permanently disable wifi

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.