Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

screen mirroring

what is screen mirroring used for? I tap on it in Control Center and nothing happens.

iPhone 11, iOS 13

Posted on May 16, 2020 12:54 PM

7 replies

May 16, 2020 2:26 PM in response to GrayFox210

Or an Apple TV, which is a lot less expensive. https://www.apple.com/shop/buy-tv/apple-tv-hd/32gb

That’s what I did. Now I can watch all of the virtual theater, concerts, operas & ballets that are broadcasts from websites and youtube. I can even view performances from Opéra de Paris! As well as stream most networks. I may cancel Cable TV and just get cable Internet.

May 16, 2020 1:21 PM in response to GrayFox210

You are better off using AirPlay to watch youtube or other video content on your TV. That is always full screen; when you are viewing the video in Landscape mode tap on the Airplay icon. Note that there is a one-time setup process that needs to be done on the smart TV or the Apple TV box.

Screen shot takes a picture of your current screen. Press Volume Down and the Side Button simultaneously. You might use it to show someone in this forum a problem or a question. Screen Record is similar, but it makes a movie of whatever you are doing on the phone.

screen mirroring

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.