Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my iPhone XS Max keeps exciting while trying to restore it from finder. my MacBook Pro hasn't yet updated to Catalina 10.14.5, can it be that the problem??

my iPhone XS Max keeps exciting. my MacBook Pro hasn't yet updated to Catalina 10.14.5, can it be that the problem??

do I have to wait until my MacBook Pro has the latest version of macOS ?

iPhone XS Max, iOS 13

Posted on May 16, 2020 4:50 PM

9 replies

May 16, 2020 5:47 PM in response to Nostas01

"Locate your iPhone on your computer. When you see the option to Restore or Update, choose Restore. The Finder or iTunes will download software for your iPhone. If it takes more than 15 minutes, your iPhone will exit recovery mode, and you'll need to select your iPhone model above and repeat the steps to remove the passcode." this its whats happening right now, its taking more than 15 minutes every time :(

May 16, 2020 5:44 PM in response to Eric Root

no, I forgot my passcode and its now on recovery mode, it requires me to use iTunes or finder (latest MacOS). but the problem is that I'm already on the latest Catalina 10.14.5, I have connected my iPhone to my Mac and It appears to be downloading but its taking too long. I've read that if it takes more than 15 minutes it would turn on on itself and I'd have to start over (what its happening right now). by the way thank you for your responses so far!

my iPhone XS Max keeps exciting while trying to restore it from finder. my MacBook Pro hasn't yet updated to Catalina 10.14.5, can it be that the problem??

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.