Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how can i airdrop photos from my iphone 10 to my mac book

how can I airdrop photos from my iPhone 10 to my Mac book

MacBook Air 13", macOS 10.12

Posted on May 16, 2020 5:47 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 16, 2020 6:51 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hT99cL83J-s

Use AirDrop on your Mac - Apple Support

Make sure that your devices can receive AirDrop requests:

• Choose Go > AirDrop from the menu bar in the Finder, then check the ”Allow me to be discovered by” setting in the AirDrop window. iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch have a similar setting. If set to receive from Contacts Only, both devices must be signed in to iCloud, and the email address or phone number associated with the sender's Apple ID must be in the Contacts app of the receiving device. 
  • Choose Apple menu  > System Preferences, then click Security & Privacy. Click the Firewall tab, then click the lock  and enter your administrator password when prompted. Click Firewall Options, then deselect “Block all incoming connections.”

• Or on your iPhone: Try through the control Center. Long press on the wifi/cellular tile, this should bring up airdrop,

Tap Airdrop and make sure you don’t have receiving off - Change the setting & change it back to wake it up.

• Or you can do this in settings - General- Airdrop

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 16, 2020 6:51 PM in response to pepper68

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hT99cL83J-s

Use AirDrop on your Mac - Apple Support

Make sure that your devices can receive AirDrop requests:

• Choose Go > AirDrop from the menu bar in the Finder, then check the ”Allow me to be discovered by” setting in the AirDrop window. iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch have a similar setting. If set to receive from Contacts Only, both devices must be signed in to iCloud, and the email address or phone number associated with the sender's Apple ID must be in the Contacts app of the receiving device. 
  • Choose Apple menu  > System Preferences, then click Security & Privacy. Click the Firewall tab, then click the lock  and enter your administrator password when prompted. Click Firewall Options, then deselect “Block all incoming connections.”

• Or on your iPhone: Try through the control Center. Long press on the wifi/cellular tile, this should bring up airdrop,

Tap Airdrop and make sure you don’t have receiving off - Change the setting & change it back to wake it up.

• Or you can do this in settings - General- Airdrop

May 16, 2020 6:04 PM in response to pepper68

1. Turn on AirDrop on iPhone and Mac.  

2. Turn on Bluetooth and Wi-Fi connection on iPhone and Mac. 

3. Open the Photos app on your iPhone and open the one you want to sync to Mac. 

4. Tap the Share button in the top right corner, tap AirDrop and choose your Mac device from the available list. Next, go to your Mac, and tap "Accept" on the pop-up window to save photos on your Mac. When the process finished, open photos app on your Mac to check the synced files. Repeat step 3 & 4 if you have batches of photos to be transferred to Mac with AirDrop. 

May 16, 2020 6:34 PM in response to fyip

I just tried it and the instructions are a little different...the Share button was in the bottom left corner on my iPhone and I didn't need to tap AirDrop (you might have to) as I used this for Notes previously, my Mac showed up so I tapped on that and the photo I chose was automatically (didn't have to tap accept on my Mac, you might have to) saved to Downloads and not Photos...

I'm sure you can figure it out, let me know...

how can i airdrop photos from my iphone 10 to my mac book

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.