Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I bought 50 new GB of storage, but it still says my storage is full.

My 5 GB of storage were recently filled. It wouldn’t let me take videos or photos, because I had no storage. I needed to film quite a few videos for work, so I went into settings and bought ten times more storage. Sure enough, my iPhone now read “5.1 out of 50 GB filled”. Easy fix, right!? But when I went to take a video, it said “You do not have enough storage to film a video. “ This is incredibly frustrating. I’ve tried everything; resetting my phone multiple times and deleting tons of material. After wiping a few apps clean and deleting so many videos, still no luck. Has this happened to anyone? Any ideas? Anything helps! Thank you in advance.

iPhone XR, iOS 13

Posted on May 16, 2020 8:15 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 16, 2020 9:22 PM

Getting more iCloud storage did not address a lack of storage on your device. This is likely why you can't make new videos.,

Check Settings > General > iPhone Storage

2 replies

I bought 50 new GB of storage, but it still says my storage is full.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.