Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

WhatsApp chat history

I wrote an enquiry to WhatsApp help desk about recently I traded in my iPhone and forgot to backup my last conversation record of Whatsapp My last backup was back in 2017... I believe the staff at Apple store has erased all my data on my previous iPhone. I ask if it is possible for your WhatsApp to recover my very recent WhatsApp record. 

The staff response that I might still be able to restore my data by restoring my phone to a previous backup. And she advices me to visit the Apple Support website for more info.

Is it really possible? Why she would say that? Please help!!

iPhone SE, iOS 13

Posted on May 16, 2020 9:16 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 17, 2020 2:53 AM

As far as my knowledge goes both iTunes and iCloud backup does not include WhatsApp backup because it backs up independently

1. iTunes backup does not include
    1. Content from the iTunes and App Stores, or PDFs downloaded directly to Apple Books
    2. Content synced from iTunes, like imported MP3s or CDs, videos, books, and photos
    3. Data already stored in iCloud, like iCloud Photos, iMessages, and text (SMS) and multimedia (MMS) messages
    4. Face ID or Touch ID settings
    5. Apple Pay information and settings
    6. Apple Mail data
    7. Activity, Health, and Keychain data (to back up this content, you'll need to use Encrypted Backup in iTunes.)
  2. iCloud Backup
    1. iCloud backup doesn’t include information that are synced and stored in iCloud, like Contacts, Calendars, Bookmarks, Mail, Notes, Voice Memos, shared photos, iCloud Photos*, Health data, call history, and files in iCloud Drive.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 17, 2020 2:53 AM in response to et-052

As far as my knowledge goes both iTunes and iCloud backup does not include WhatsApp backup because it backs up independently

1. iTunes backup does not include
    1. Content from the iTunes and App Stores, or PDFs downloaded directly to Apple Books
    2. Content synced from iTunes, like imported MP3s or CDs, videos, books, and photos
    3. Data already stored in iCloud, like iCloud Photos, iMessages, and text (SMS) and multimedia (MMS) messages
    4. Face ID or Touch ID settings
    5. Apple Pay information and settings
    6. Apple Mail data
    7. Activity, Health, and Keychain data (to back up this content, you'll need to use Encrypted Backup in iTunes.)
  2. iCloud Backup
    1. iCloud backup doesn’t include information that are synced and stored in iCloud, like Contacts, Calendars, Bookmarks, Mail, Notes, Voice Memos, shared photos, iCloud Photos*, Health data, call history, and files in iCloud Drive.

WhatsApp chat history

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.