You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Checkboxes in iMessages.

Is there a way to get rid of the checkboxes in iMessage? I am a low-vision user, and many times I want to enlarge a photo I receive in iMessage, but when I click on it, checkboxes appear. I’d like to permanently turn that off. Is there a way? I have a Gen. 5 iPad.

iPad Pro 11-inch Wi-Fi, Cellular

Posted on May 17, 2020 6:45 AM

4 replies

May 17, 2020 4:37 PM in response to QuickPost

Then the function of the checkboxes is far more irritating than helpful. I need to be able to see photos and the only way I can enlarge them is to add them to my photo app, which I don’t always want to do. For instance, my husband and I often share photos of products we are considering. Neither of us wants to have to put them into the photo app, the. Have to open it to delete the photo. I really dislike the checkboxes! If they have to be available as a function, there should be a way to disable them.

Checkboxes in iMessages.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.