Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Difference between Contacts on my Macs & on iPad & iPhone

I use Contacts on my iMac & MBPro [both Mojave] and each has 360 cards -- and one group which I use a lot has 4 people in it on the computers. But every time I try to use the group on iPhone or iPad it doesn't show up with all 4, only 2 and the ## of total contacts is closer to 200 on both.

I do have iCloud set up to sync all devices - I double checked to be sure on all devices. All contacts are in iCloud, not my Mac...

If we assume we [I] can't cure the problem would it be Okay to just backup and save archive of Contacts on iMac, then delete them totally from iCloud and the other devices and then re import to iCloud and resend?? I

iPad Pro, iPadOS 13

Posted on May 17, 2020 8:18 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 17, 2020 8:39 AM

Try Settings/Your Name/iCloud and slide off Contacts syncing. Wait a few minutes and then slide syncing on. Allow time for syncing to occur.

Last resort - have you tried signing out of iCloud and then sign back in?

See the Apple Support article below. 

Contacts - Troubleshooting iCloud Contacts.   

You can do what you proposed in your last paragraph, but I would use it as a last resort.

Similar questions

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 17, 2020 8:39 AM in response to Victoria Herring

Try Settings/Your Name/iCloud and slide off Contacts syncing. Wait a few minutes and then slide syncing on. Allow time for syncing to occur.

Last resort - have you tried signing out of iCloud and then sign back in?

See the Apple Support article below. 

Contacts - Troubleshooting iCloud Contacts.   

You can do what you proposed in your last paragraph, but I would use it as a last resort.

May 17, 2020 12:54 PM in response to Eric Root

Well I turned off Contacts under iPad/iCloud and waited much more than a few minutes == it had started out with 222 and now is up to 279 but not the 360 it should be....tho I set it for keeping the contacts and merging == I think I'll try next deleting the contacts and then waiting and syncing...if that doesn't work will sign out and then in on iCloud === v.

Difference between Contacts on my Macs & on iPad & iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.