Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Activating a new iPhone with Assurance Wireless

I’m wondering whether anyone here has experience with Assurance Wireless (a no-contract Sprint brand), especially in terms of activating a new iPhone on their (Sprint’s) network.

My associate has been with Assurance for a couple of years, using an Android device they originally provided, and wants to return to using an iPhone. Assurance sells pre-owned iPhone 7s on its site, but this person would prefer to go in on a new 2020 SE. We’ve both been given the run-around by Assurance customer service, who seem ****-bent on selling a device from their store—going so far as referring to their devices as “special phones.” I know CDMA networks are persnickety, but I’ve looked at the network specs and the SE specs, and I see no reason why a new, Sprint-ready iPhone would not work (especially when an older model would).

Has anyone here run into this issue? Thanks in advance.

iPhone SE

Posted on May 17, 2020 10:19 AM

1 reply

Activating a new iPhone with Assurance Wireless

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.