Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Restoring Apple TV

I didn't have an Apple TV adapter on my TV, so I deleted the app from my MacBook Pro and my Ipad Pro. Now I discover the only way to put videos on iPad Pro, so I can watch them on flights, is Apple TV.

You can't download Apple TV. It's not in the App store.

Is there anything I can do? Not thrilled about a full factory reset of the two devices I need to earn a living.

iPad Pro 12.9-inch, 3rd Gen, Wi-Fi

Posted on May 17, 2020 4:11 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 18, 2020 7:13 AM

Not sure what adapter you are referring to, but you do not need any adapter or any app from the app store or anything related to the Apple TV to transfer videos to an iPad.

On Catalina, you can transfer videos to the iPad through Finder. See here: Use the Finder to sync your iPhone, iPad, or iPod with your computer - Apple Support

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 18, 2020 7:13 AM in response to MooseMiester

Not sure what adapter you are referring to, but you do not need any adapter or any app from the app store or anything related to the Apple TV to transfer videos to an iPad.

On Catalina, you can transfer videos to the iPad through Finder. See here: Use the Finder to sync your iPhone, iPad, or iPod with your computer - Apple Support

Restoring Apple TV

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.